Transferring Expressions to the Search and Replace Dialogue box
Once you have a pair of expressions worked out you can use just the Copy key (f7) to transfer both to the dialogue box.
- Mark the Search string.
- Open the Search and Replace dialogue box (Shift F4).
- Press F7 to copy the marked block into the Search expression line.
- Mark the replace string. This will cause the Search and Replace box to close.
- Press Shift F4 again, then again to step back to the last string (or you could use the menu icon to the right).
- Click in the Replace line (or TAB or Down arrow key) and
- Press F7 to copy the Replace expression into the Replace box.
- Click on the Engine icon to select Advanced
- Click on Go.
Other relevant pages
Top of page
Document URI: http://stronged.torrens.org/man/search/sandr_strings.html
Page first published: Friday the 12th of January, 2018
Last modified:Wed, 30 May 2018 09:33:45 BST
© 2018 - 2019 Richard Torrens.