Loading files from a list
It is easy to load files from a list. StrongED can also save the list of files to be loaded.
- Load all the required files into StrongED.
- Open a List of Windows (LoW) - Ctrl-L
- Menu in the LoW. First Item is Save LoW.
- Open this Save box.
- Drag the Drag icon to where you want to save the list
- Menu in LoW again
- Fourth item is Kill. Open this
- Click on the desired action to close windows you don't want open.
You now have an Obey file which, when run, will load all the files that were open when you made the file.
Making such a list of files initially probably requires you to load a directory of files
Compiling your own list of files to be loaded
The format of the Obey file saved from the LoW
above is e.g.
MESSAGE StrongED_OpenDoc FilePath.Leafname 298 1356 1678 1200 0 0 -autowrap -mode HTML
It is probably fairly clear what it does: the numbers define the screen position and size to open the file and may be omitted as may the -autowrap and -mode qualifiers.
So to define your own list you can
- shift-drag a selection of files into a StrongED window to list FilePaths and LeafNames
- Edit this as required
- mark the whole block and use StrongEDs multi-line block editing to add
MESSAGE StrongED_OpenDoc to each line.
- Save the result as an Obey file.
- Clicking this file should them load all the listed files!
Was this page helpful? Please email me and/or rate this page:
If you want a reply make sure any email address @torrens.org will not get spam-binned!
Other relevant pages
Top of page
Document URI: http://stronged.torrens.org/man/misc/loadlist.html
Page first published Friday the 15th of February, 2019
Last modified:Thu, 09 Jan 2020 17:30:50 GMT
© 2019 - 2021 Richard Torrens.