Re: 4.70a14?????

In message <592b5d4a5bLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <c9aa022b59.gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <592afee643Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >Would it be impertinent to ask when 4.70a14 is coming? We are aware of
> > >several changes that have been made to the development copy, but it's
> > >been a long time since 13 in Oct 2018.
>
> > The StrongED on my iconbar says 4.70a14 (04-Jul-2020). I know nothing
> > about development copies.
>
> Must have been a special issue - the web site still has 4.70a13
> (11-Oct-2018)
>
> I thought I had not missed any announcement, although I don't have so much
> time for computing now - see www.westdorset.org for the reason!

4.70a13 is the latest test release, 4.70a14 is a snapshot created so
that David Pitt could test my fixes for machines with more than 2GB of
memory.

If users wish to use 4.70a14 then that's fine provided that they are
aware that this is a taken directly from my development version and as
such may be unstable (even more than alpha releases), have unfinished
bits, etc.

Test releases (alpha or beta) will have less or no unfinished bits and
will have at least some testing done. Running a test release helps in
finding remaining bugs so that they can be fixed before a stable release
is done, and to generate feedback on design decisions taken.

As for when 4.70a14 will be out as a test release, I don't know yet.
There is a prickly problem that I do not yet have a satisfactory
solution for.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/