Re: Advanced search '##?

In message <592afe9951Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <2d1deb2a59.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <592a670b54Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > What I had not realised was that the start of text element - <<< -
> > > also causes the search to start at the end of the test, regardless of
> > > where the caret is.
>
> > I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Can you clarify please?
>
> Sorry - don't know how but the posting got garbled! It should have said:
>
> What I had not realised was that the start of text element - <<< - causes
> the search to start at the beginning of the text, regardless of where the
> caret is.
>
> So what it means is "Start at beginning of text"

No, that's not the case. Where the search starts depends on the 'Scope'
setting in the Search dialogue box. If the caret is not at start of text
and scope is set to 'Forward' then '<<< xxx' will never produce a match.

When the scope is set to 'This text' or 'All Texts' then a search always
starts at the beginning of a text.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/