StrongEd keeps outputing message " no more memory"

When I am inputting a program I keep getting the message "no more memory".  I am using SE4.69f11 on a RPI 4b which was bought in August 2019.  I can duplicate the problem by taking a fresh copy of Risc os 5.28(16/12/20) and after booting it creating a text file in SE. If I type 6 characters and then split those characters in half and insert spaces. After about 80 characters I get the message. This message can also be seen if new lines are inserted. If try the same thing  on a RPi3 3b+ I do not run into any problems.  Is this a new bug or have I missed a configuration option.

Mark Mc Innes