Re: StrongHelp for AppLua mode

On 28 Jan 2021 as I do recall,
          Gavin Wraith  wrote:

[snip]

> I am using StrongHelp version 2.09 (03-April 2017) which has already
> crashed once, doing something to the 'disk' that required DiscKnight
> to repair. When I am constantly updating what I am writing, I find
> that StrongHelp is rather easily upset, crashing out with 'illegal
> font handle'. It needs more helpful error messages about syntax
> errors.

Yes, it's a image filing system (such that the interior of each 'manual'
can be handled by the RISC OS Filer while actually being a blob of
data), and it is possible to crash it quite badly by performing just the
right sequence of mistakes.   :-(

(Though it shouldn't need DiscKnight to fix - restarting the app (and
hence the filing system) and making a CleanCopy of the manual by
dragging it to StrongHelp's own iconbar icon ought to repair it under
normal circumstances.)

The Lua 5.1 StrongHelp manual doesn't actually look too much out of date
to me, and it's well organised;  adding a couple more subpages to cover
things like table.unpack (and changing the RiscLua libraries section to
reflect the current configuration) seems as if it ought to cover most of
it.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?