Re: StrongHelp for AppLua mode

In message <873bfff558.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It just meant that code I hadn't looked at in ten years mysteriously
>stopped working on the new machine, which happened to have been supllied
>with a new version of Lua, and I had to go back to basics to find out
>why (and how it was supposed to have been working in the first place,
>which involved working out how to get the mode help functioning in order
>to find out what the mode icons did!)

Well I am working on a new StrongHelp manual right now. I am using StrongHelp
version 2.09 (03-April 2017) which has already crashed once, doing something
to the 'disk' that required DiscKnight to repair. When I am constantly
updating what I am writing, I find that StrongHelp is rather easily upset,
crashing out with 'illegal font handle'. It needs more helpful error
messages about syntax errors. It is now paying no attention to the definitions
in the !Configure file in the manual, so I am trying to rewrite everything
without them. I guess the past experiences like this with StrongHelp
have made me suspicious of it.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/