Re: Auto Save

In article <58aed7d999tim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <e02c82ae58.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harriet Bazley
> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 11 Sep 2020 as I do recall, Dave  wrote:

> > [snip]

> > > Personally I think it is a mess and will be getting out my barge pole
> > > immediately...  :-(
> > >
> > It's designed to be invisible to the user - you only ever see autosaved
> > files if StrongED and/or the entire computer crashes.

> ... or if the user clicks "Remember" when quitting StrongED.

> > Admittedly the feature is different from the 'Auto save every x
> > minutes' option provided by the likes of Impression, which will
> > overwrite the file on disc with or without confirmation from the user,
> > so perhaps 'Auto save' is not the best name for it....

> I was thinking that. It's a form of files-in-memory-backup really, rather
> than autosave but only the germans would have word for it.  ;-)

..... ;-)

Careful Tim, the Woke (Naughty words) will be visiting all sorts of things
upon your head...

Whatever it is or isn't, Fay often crashes StrongED and when re-run, of
course the document she's been working on arrives back ready to go, so in
that respect it's boon for me and save a lot of SWMBO aggravation.   ;-)

I think it's something that happens when she does a CTRL-V...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid