Fonts question

Recent changes in my printers has pushed me towards graphics printing
rather than text printing I've been happy with for years.

For text files I used Standard OS system font largely because to me
it was very readable and 8 and 0 are easy distinguished and it is
mono spaced. I understand most people don't see it that way.

If I was using a word processor I would use tabs so mono spaced
wouldn't matter but for notes and read me files I find it better.

So what font do people use for text printing with graphics mode?
Corpus Medium? When printed out from StrongED to me it looks awful
and yet printed from Pluto it looks fine. SE looks thick and blocky
but Pluto Corpus medium doesn't. Are there any other mono spaced
fonts?

Am I correct that the font used to print is always the same os that
used for the screen? Pluto seems to be able to make them different.

I get the feeling (common for me) that I'm missing a key bit of
information. Advice appreciated.

Bob.

--
Bob Latham