Re: Mailing List Bouncing details.

On 2020-06-13 09:10, Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:

I don't see any bounces from these get messages.

A test stronged+get-3848@xxxxxxxxxxx here recalls the message as it should.

I was puzzled when I read this, because it meant nothing to me.

I wondered if you meant that, if someone sent an email to such
an address, an archived message would be sent back to them?

(If it does mean that, how are people supposed to know about the
mechanism, and how would they know which numbered message to
request?)

Anyway, I did send such an email, just before 1pm today.  Nothing
has come back to me.  Should it have done?

So I suspect the message retrieved must be ending up in your spam
bin? You can probably adjust your spam filters to accept such.

I don't have any automatic spam filters of the sort (ie what they do is
outwith my control) you mean.

Your backend system may have retrieved an email from an archive, but do
you have any proof that it was actually sent anywhere?  For example the
SMTP server log showing it on its way to my domain's mail host?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own