Re: StrongHTML mode - HTML5 update to named characters StrongHelp page

In message <ec9cfd7b58.ewen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ewen Pring <ewen.pring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 3 Jun 2020:
>
> > That's definitely a lot more compact. I'm wondering if the use of red
> > for HTML5 only entities should be carried through in the subpages as
> > well.
>
> > A minor point is the 'About this manual' page. The original version is
> > attributed to Joe Taylor but I believe the original page came from
> > Guttorm Vik's StrongHTML StrongHelp manual.
>
> Fair enough, both the above are now actioned. New version (now with a
> version number, 2.4) on the same site as before.

Inspired by the approach Harriet and you have taken I've attempted to
compact the page further. I also removed the underscore from fLink font
style so the main page is a bit less busy, and added a dash of colour.
Result at: http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/html5chars.zip

> The distribution of this manual is a little strange. In addition to being
> in the StrongHTML mode, the original version of it can also be found as
> part of the 'HTML' StrongHelp manual (also by Guttorm) which is
> distributed at http://www.riscos.info/downloads/stronghelp/manuals/ . I'm
> not sure how best to get around this duplication.

Most likely Joe borrowed the 'Chars' page from Guttorm's StrongHTML
manual. I wouldn't worry too much about the duplication, the StrongHTML
manual is quite old (it probably describes HTML 4.0) unless you want to
update it, of course. :-)