Re: Snippets - !Makro

In message <5863c8915erichard.ashbery@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <richard.ashbery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <650eaa6358.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Graute
>
> > This is fixed in the latest release.
> > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/makro2.zip

[snip]

> Sorry Fred - I think there could be a problem.
>
> If I do following...
>
> Load Makro2 (V0.03). TestSet appears in top window section
>
> * <Menu> over any row - click 'Clear set'
> * <Menu> over top row - click 'Edit macro'
> * Type name. Add String (eg.<sys$date>)
> * Click Store
> * <Menu> over top row and slide over Save set
> * Type a name and error...
>
> Makro2: Bad call of 'PROCActionButton_GetText': MiscOp method,
> 0x81, not recognised  occurs

Thanks Richard (and Dave) for reporting this.

It turns out I had failed to update the save code when changing the
Toolbox gadget type from ActionButton to Button. Making the save code
use the Button gadget fixed it.

An updated Makro2 (v0.04) has been uploaded to the usual location:
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/makro2.zip

Other changes made are:

 - Makro2's choices are now stored in Boot:Choices when available.

 - Inserting a makro is back to slow mode using Wimp_ProcessKey. Sending
   many characters via the keyboard buffer caused problems in Edit. It
   missed every 20th character (a known problem). Top-bit-set characters
   didn't work, Edit seemed to insert random characters.

   Using Wimp_ProcessKey works better but requires a call to Wimp_Poll
   after each character, things become unreliable otherwise, which slows
   things down.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/