Re: Snippets - !Makro

In message <58612e93eetim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <8d47156158.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This will cause a message to be sent to StrongED telling it to insert
> > the file <filename> at the cursor position. Tested it with a 20k file
> > which worked fine, and much faster than going through the keyboard
> > buffer.
>
> Just to go off at a complete tangent, if anyone is building static web
> pages by repeatedly injecting files that big, they ought to consider
> using PHP or other server-side wizardry to do that instead. It's much
> easier to maintain one file that's included 50 times than edit 50 web
> pages, even in StrongED.

Just to clarify, the 20k file was one I had handy so used it to test
with. The main points to test were if it would work at all and second if
file size was an issue. Answers: yes, and no.

As using StrongED_ExecCmds provides a way to get round the 256 character
limit I thought I'd share it in case it was of use to anyone.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/