Re: Snippets - !Makro

In article <8d47156158.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fortunately, Makro allows *commands to be executed and that provides a
> way around the 2 problems above. Instead of a button click inserting the
> HTML code directly have it run a *command:

>  *Message StrongED_ExecCmds InsertFile("<filename>")

A nice idea. But inserting long macros is not often needed. StrongED
already has Template files for several things such as html headers, though
finding out about these is not easy! I have various tempplate files (named
/html) which I copy as required than fill in. These are les than 1Kb each. SSI
and php can do a lot.

I use StrongED_ExecCmds a lot.

The Sets on site are some of those I use, so many are aimed at StrongED.
The ones originally supplied did not have that bias.

A though on coloured text: I use text colours in StrongED, but in practise
it is quite difficult to select many distinctly different text colours.
Different background colours are more distinctive. However I'm not sure
how useful either feature would be in Makro. It's so easy to switch sets.

--
Richard Torrens.