Re: Snippets - !Makro

In article <2be7116058.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There's a new version of Makro2:
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/makro2.zip

> Some thoughts on future enhancements:

>  - Dragging a file to an insert button currently assigns the macro to a
>    button with a name of '<untitled>'. It might be better if it opened
>    the Edit dialogue for that button so that the name can be entered
>    immediately.

I only discovered this feature when writing Makro up. As the sets files
are so easy to edit in StrongED I can't see that the feature is useful.
But yes, opening up the edit box would make sense.

Currently only the first line is used so if you drag html you get little
that is useful. Much easier to edit the set file!

>  - Change the file format to: BBGGRR <tab> name <tab> string
>    Having each macro on a single line seems tidier to me (parsing is a
>    bit more complicated though). The BBGGRR at the start of the line
>    would be the colour to use for the text on the button.

Though experiment suggests it might complicate editing in StrongED. How
about
  odd line:  BBGGRR <tab> name
  even line: macro

>  - Save the settings in a text file as key/value pairs instead of the
>    current binary choices file. More readable and easier to debug.

I have noticed how uncommon key/value pairs are in RiscOS. though several
languages use them.

>  - Allow a set file to be edited using OLE so that the result is shown
>    in the makro window as soon as the OLE session is ended.

Yes: nice.

--
Richard Torrens.