Snippets - !Makro

In article <585b6b4588Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Torrens (lists) <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <585b61117cdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Richard, the latest download has a comma "," in the file name
> > "Makro1,59/zip"

> > Problem!  :-)

> Why is it a problem? I use a , because a . does cause a problem.

Well 18 Hands  (That a Bigcause)   ;-)  [Equine]

I downloaded from your site to my VRPC-DL as "Makro1,59/zip" it opened
okay and I take out a copy of !Macro to play with.

Then to put the downloaded Zip somewhere to keep it...
From within RISC OS I opened up my Mounted Storage drive and dragged a
copy of "Makro1,59/zip" into its filer window.

I get an error message window. which I've posted at:

http://www.triffid.co.uk/dstuff/Error01.jpg

Yet the file appears to have arrived in the Store filer window, but it is
now "Makro1,59/zip/dat"

But nothing can be done with the file, it cannot be opened, renamed, nor
can it be re-filetyped and more importantly the errant file cannot be
removed/deleted.

The only way I can do anything with the file is drop out of VRPC-DL, go
Windows side, navigate to where it resides on the Store disk and Delete it
from there.

Bummer!

In RISC OS changing the comma to a hyphen "Makro1-59/zip" solves the
problem and the file copies to the Store correctly and is accessible.

Dave

That's why it's a problem.  :-(

--

Dave Triffid