Re: Snippets - !Makro

In article <585b4cf2c6Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Torrens (lists)
<Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't (and don't intend to) looked at other Makro inserters other
> than HTML3, which I don't really like but it doe have some uses even if
> it is well outdated.

I tend to agree. HTML3 does some stuff that 'dumb' text-inserters don't
do, such as automatically completing image dimensions, taking care of
relative paths and using colour pickers. Even though it still produces
some deprecated non-CSS stuff in XHTML mode, such as ALIGN/HSPACE/VSPACE,
it's relatively easy to change those bits and bobs into styles and
upgrade it to HTML5. Often with the help of

One of the best bits of HTML3 is actually its multitude of help which
will teach you HTML as you use it. If you're happy with HTML 3.2 or a bit
of tweaking to turn its XHTML into HTML5 it's fine (except for the XML
Header it produces).

I even use HTML3 often in preference to the stuff built in to StrongED's
HTML modes simply because HTML3 has a lower case option and I don't like
all my tags shouting at me. ;-)

--

Tim Hill
Webmaster, www.timil.com