Re: Snippets - !Makro

On 2 Apr 2020  "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <585adb2abcchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Having had a bit of a play, !Makro looks to be quite a useful little
>> app. S**s law is still active - when I started to play the set I
>> chose had a broken file - the title of the second button was
>> completely missing, so it was loading the string in to the button
>> text and inserting the next button title in to the document!

> Agreed - it is extremely useful. The main problem is remembering what sets
> I have and why I made them!

> It's also very easy to write sets in StrongED

> Now we know how to put tags around a marked block it's very useful for
> html.

> But I've no idea where you got the dud set: I have checked all the ones in
> the file linked from the www page:
> http://stronged.torrens.org/man/features/Makro1,59.zip

> There are very few occasions where I would change Makro - especially now
> it can read 64 macro set files. I guess increasing the string length would
> be useful. I have several Macros to set up a blank www page: doing that with
> one click would be nice as I use several templates. That can be done by using
> Brandy Basic which does not have the limitation. I just tried - it does need
> some changes to work with Brandy!

I've come late to this thread. For sometime I've been using !Ffiler from
Kevin Wells which is another similar app. http://riscos.kevsoft.co.uk/

From that page: "Form Filler (59KB) a form filler that sends text to where
the cursor is. Ideal in filling web forms etc". This will store, I think,
100 macros and is easy to use. I've tried !Makro, and can see no reason
for my swapping this for Ffiler.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--