Re: Snippets

In article <58585e75b5tim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <58584ab3c1Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Torrens (lists)
> <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My opinion is that a proper snippet inserter (such as !Makro)
> > integrates so well with StrongED that there is little point in having
> > the facility in StrongED.

> [snipped]

> I had not tried this feature before and as you say, can't see why it's
> better than not just !Makro* (or !HTML3) but also just by saving
> something to another file! Fred may as well recycle some of his bits!

I don't know what is left opver from the original StrongED and what Fred
has added "for future expansion"... Certainly Fred is still learning
what's there!

> From another file, macros can be inserted into the text with drag and
> drop,  f7 or <ctrl>C obviously but the other 'problem' I have had - not
> just with StrongEd - is trying to use a macro inserter with search and
> replace or other transient dialogue boxes.

!Makro has the option to insert its snippet when ctrl is pressed. The
entry under the mouse is then actioned. This works fine with transient
dBoxes. It's the icopn top right of the Makro box.

Really !Makro is a snippet inserter. Makros are really what StrongED
refers to as Shortcuts.

> Only using f7 in StrongED or by accessing the OS clipboard (by
> installing IcnClipBrd) seems to work in most (but not Pipedream).

> T.

!Makro works fine with PipeDream

--
Richard Torrens.