Re: stronged 470a13 dump mode oddity

Hi

Many thanks..

John

On 27/02/2020 20:48, Fred Graute wrote:
In message <74ad9440-993b-841d-ebb8-10a19afdadce@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use dump mode for binary editing of 'stuff'.  I recently came across a
very repeatable issue. Following a binary edit near the file end (its
large), I found it had removed an &20 (ascii space) next to an &0A (LF).
The way end-of-line spaces are trimmed has been changed in 4.70 but it
seems to have some unwanted side-effects. To get round the problem make
sure that the option to trim eol spaces is off.

  Mode choices > Edit > Trim trailing spaces of lines before saving

this was at a hex offset of about &bf25 .. Its utterly repeatable with
this file. repeated removals take place later in the file. . i.e. it
appears to be doing some processing either during edit, or during save,
in a file that shouldn't have any unexpected edits.
I'll change the code to trim eol spaces so it excludes Dump mode.

Stop press! Just announced -

Jan 2018: Which? rates us No.1 for satisfied energy customers, and No.1 for Home Phone, Broadband, and mobile

For full details of see https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/reviews?exref=095761

Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923