Re: Why does StrongED open CSVfiles

In message <df34354158.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> The weirdness is that the problem is caused by an entry in the modewhen
> file for DUMP mode, but it still launches into BASEMODE.

I was a bit mystified by this at first.

If a file is not claimed by any of the Modes then it drops into
BaseMode.

I suspect that a CSV of 'appropriate' data would finish up in Dump
Mode.

A slightly simpler answer is that I haven't a clue as why a CSV file
would be required to be viewed in Dump Mode, but there is such a case
otherwise why are there any such entries in Dump Mode's ModeWhen.

--
David Pitt
Titanium