Re: Why does StrongED open CSVfiles

In message <ae771b4158.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <d410154158.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>   Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> Now we just need to find out why Fireworks says "no data", and Pipedream
>> only works if it is not alreadty running.

> Seems OK here using these lines to force the CSV, double-click, load
> one way or the other.

> Set Alias$@RunType_DFE Run <Fireworkz$Dir>.!Run -import %%*0

Using that here says "no data in file". Drag and drop calls up the
Template choice menu, which i suspect is why it won't load immediately.

> Set Alias$@RunType_DFE Run <PipeDream$Dir>.!Run  %%*0

That only works here if FPipedreasm isn't running. If it is running only
the banner appears, suggesting Pipedream is startimg a second copy, and
then quitting because a copy is already running.

This would happen if Pipedream was not claining the Dataopen/Datasave
messages used to load the document into the existing copy.  However drag
and drop uses these messages too, and that works.

Ho hum...

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx