Re: Scripts

In article <584004e7d4webpages@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Sprow <webpages@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gawk is definitely available, it's used every day in RISC OS ROM builds
>   https://www.riscosopen.org/viewer/view/mixed/RiscOS/Library/GNU/

> > * Perl seems no longer available

> Perl too
>   https://www.riscosopen.org/viewer/view/gpl/RiscOS/Apps/!Perl/

> Downloading them 1 file at a time from the source control system is a bit
> tedious, but they're in the respective nightly archives too
>   https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/risc-os-tarballs

That seems to be a lot of hassle! I don't need gawk and I already have
Perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) which seems to be a later
offering. I have used Perl - on the www server. It's so easy to test there
and testing on the ARMX6 would not work anyway so I don't actually use
Perl here.

As for the tarball - do you mean DiscDev - downloading 28.8 MB to find out
is OTT!

I suspect nobody uses these with StrongED so I don't intend to give full
instructions.

It's a shame that downloading from ROOL to RiscOS the downloaed files make
little sense - e.g. gawk_2Cff8 - so will need explaining if I add a link
to them. I suspect retyping as ffc and renaming to gawk! But clicking on
that file gives an error! Ditto with the Perl file!

I think these links will be no help to the average StrongED user?

--
Richard Torrens.