Re: Scripts

In message <4311ad3f58.gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>I think the supplied Scripts need a tidy to ones which are relatively
>>easily made usable? And if they don't work - why include them?

> I agree.
#me too:-)

> To apply a
> script you had to drag it onto the apply icon, so long as your
> system had the language installed and the appropriate obeyfile
> in Languages.

> An extra layer of complication was later added by Fred,
> using AppBasic, to give the user an alternative, menu-driven, way of
> applying the (off-the-peg) scripts

I was not aware of this - where does it show?

> For myself I tend to make up scripts on the fly, and store them
> elsewhere if I think them worth storing.

It is very convenient to be able to click on the icon to access your
scripts. I have about 50 LUA scripts that I keep here. Some are inherited
but most are simple tranformation scripts that I have written to automate
repetitive tasks (like putting Parish Council minutes or a monthly
magazine on a website).

One comment is that clicking on the process icon opens the scripts
directory in Read-only mode so that if I make a change to a script and
rename it, it won't save back to: StrongED_Read:Tools.!ScriptSED.Scripts.
I am sure there is a good reason for this but it is inconvenient.

--
John Rickman