Scripts

I decided to investigate in order to write things up.

A script is useless - unless you can install the language concerned! So I
tried to find links to instal...

The supplied scripts are in Languages:

* Awk, mawk, gawk: All three directories have the same scripts in and Awk
for RiscOS seems to be unavailable! Having the same scripts in 3
directories seems to serve no purpose but bloat - and if Awk is not now
available...

* Lua is, of course alive and well (thanks, Gavin). Some useful (and
usable) scripts!

* BASIC: another usable language, but few scripts!

* Perl seems no longer available: Alex Waugh ported it, but
http://www.alexwaugh.com/ gives a Google search page and
*whois http://www.alexwaugh.com/ gives
"No whois server is known for this kind of object."

Anyway - the Perl Script directory is empty!

* Python: there is a port by Chris Gransden, but a quick instal does not
enable these scripts to be used.

* Strong: The "Apply script" window lists stronged as a Language yet the
directory lists no such subdirectory. However there is a "sed" directory =
but Sed does not appear to be available?

I think the supplied Scripts need a tidy to ones which are relatively
easily made usable? And if they don't work - why include them?

--
Richard Torrens.