Re: Sort

In article <583b098ab0dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <583adf9cbcLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Richard Torrens (lists) <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [Snippy]
> > We all live with the present situation: it takes a Zap user to make any
> > big ripples! Yes perhaps the error is a bit confusing for some, but only
> > on the EOF case I think.

> Us damn Zap users, nothing but trubble... ;-)

The list needed a bit of stirring!

> But in a serious mode... :-)

> I not only use Zap on RISC OS, but my Go-to advanced text editor on the
> Windows side is EditPad, in which the same list, sans the final LF,
> sorted perfectly okay... But interestingly EditPad had added a single LF
> at the end of the block after the sort.

> Dave

> Not something I use much...
> But...
> Out of interest NotePad++ also sorted okay without the Final LF but it
> *didn't* add the extra LF after the sort.

I don't know how easy it would be, but if Fred does add LF to sort, then
the obvious answer is to remove L:F when the file is saved.

StrongED already removes tabs and white space at the ends of lines -
something that Fred has been working to alter and is not quite right yet
(4.70a13

--
Richard Torrens.