Re: Sort

In message <583a7dcdfaLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <925c6e3a58.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > There have been no code changes regarding this between 4.69 and 4.70.
>
> > The block sensitivity of the Sort dialogue box is linked to the option
> > 'Global choices > Block > Block-scope in List of Found'. This was
> > supposed to be temporary, for quick testing, but somehow no separate
> > option has been created for Sort.
>
> Interesting! Not an obvious cxonnection!
>
> > If I remember correctly you use a separate StrED_cfg for each version.
> > Please check the option mentioned above for both SEs and see if there's
> > a difference.
>
> Correct Fred. Yes, ticked im 4.70, not ticked in the virgin 4.69.
>
> The Sort page has been suitably amended.
>
> Your reasoning re whole lines is very sensible. But an end of file is
> similar to an end if line is it not? This really is the only place where
> the error doesn't quite make sense. No problem as all one has to do is put
> a return at the end of the file.

It's as not easy as it might seem from the outside. The code assumes
that the size of the sorted area is exactly the same as the size of the
unsorted original.

The whole operation is linked closely to how undo works. In fact, if
undo is off then the text can't be sorted.

Also, would it be okay for StrongED to insert that newline? That is to
change the text on its own accord? It might only be a newline but still.

At the moment I'm looking for a way to resolve this but coming up with a
good solution might take a while.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/