Re: Sort

In article <925c6e3a58.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There have been no code changes regarding this between 4.69 and 4.70.

> The block sensitivity of the Sort dialogue box is linked to the option
> 'Global choices > Block > Block-scope in List of Found'. This was
> supposed to be temporary, for quick testing, but somehow no separate
> option has been created for Sort.

Interesting! Not an obvious cxonnection!

> If I remember correctly you use a separate StrED_cfg for each version.
> Please check the option mentioned above for both SEs and see if there's
> a difference.

Correct Fred. Yes, ticked im 4.70, not ticked in the virgin 4.69.

The Sort page has been suitably amended.

Your reasoning re whole lines is very sensible. But an end of file is
similar to an end if line is it not? This really is the only place where
the error doesn't quite make sense. No problem as all one has to do is put
a return at the end of the file.

The presence/absence of a CR at EOF used to be a silly in Linux. I well
remenber when first using Arachsys (a Linux server) that some scripts
would fail for that reason. Risc OS has always been less sensitive.

--
Richard Torrens.