Re: [StrongED] Swipe 0.16a1 available -- !PDFtest

In message <c20be66957.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fred Graute  wrote on 20 Dec:
>
> > To grab text, place the pointer over the target text and press the hotkey
> > combination. A small window will pop up with the grabbed text. You can
> > swipe (drag) over the text to select the part you want.
>
> Haven't tried Swipe yet, but I wonder:  will it be able to grab a region
> of text out of what !PDFtest displays on screen?

No, Swipe is limited to reading a single line due to the way it works.

With PDF it seems to only grab a single character, meaning that PDF
either renders characters individually or that it has highly optimised
redraw code.

StrongED Developer