Re: [StrongED] TestACS 1.02 available

In message <c530146957.Terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          tk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <9b7c966857.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  The first stand-alone release of TestACS can be downloaded from:
> > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/fjg.index.html
>
> > TestACS is a small utility that tests the state of the Alt, Ctrl and
> > Shift modifier keys. The results are recorded in 3 system variables
> > (Alt$Pressed, Ctrl$Pressed and Shift$Pressed) for use in an Obey file.
>
> Now that's a very useful little utility. Will it cause problems if there
> are multiple copies in use at the same time (ie from residing in various
> applications)? I realise it could be simply stored in !Boot, but it may be
> safer to include it within an App.

Multiple copies should be no problem as it's a transient Utility so it's
only in memory while it runs. The only 'problem' is updating all copies
when there's a new version.

Including it in an application is fine. At least 3 apps already come
with TestACS included: Director, StrongED and Tamarc.

Another way to distribute it is to put in a pseudo !Boot where TestACS
is placed in the Library directory. A user can then add it to !Boot by
using Configuration -> Boot -> Install.

StrongED Developer