Re: [StrongED] TestACS 1.02 available

On 2018-12-19 04:08, Fred Graute wrote:
In message <c29b96a106347083bd319f3745be3e0d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Jeremy Nicoll - ml sed <jn.ml.sed45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2018-12-19 00:34, Fred Graute wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The first stand-alone release of TestACS can be downloaded from:
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/fjg.index.html
>
> TestACS is a small utility that tests the state of the Alt, Ctrl and
> Shift modifier keys. The results are recorded in 3 system variables
> (Alt$Pressed, Ctrl$Pressed and Shift$Pressed) for use in an Obey file.

Surely a 'proper' RO utility should be setting sysvars with its own
name as a prefix, so maybe testacs$alt, testacs$ctrl, testacs$shift ?

There are, as far as I know, no rules for utilities setting system
variables. For application, yes, the rule is to use AppName$foobar.

Sorry!  It's not just a utility then (some of which are applications,
like !WaitUntil) but a Utility (if you see what I mean).

This is all academic now that ROOL has accepted my request to allocate
Alt$Pressed, Ctrl$Pressed and Shift$Pressed as system variables used by
TestACS. Although I had assumed, and mentioned, that they'd probably
already been requested by whoever wrote the original Test$xxx utilities.
Which turned out not to be the case.

Registration is what matters though...

Something else... when I used Firefox to go to

 http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/fjg.index.html

I received in return an error page from the server saying:

  Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/fjg.index.html) could not be found on
  this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one
  you requested.

  Available documents:

      /fjg (common basename)

Was that intended?