[StrongED] Re: Rescan

In article <1a809d3d57.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After a lot of experimentation I have managed to do what you want but in
> quite a roundabout way. *** Important for this to work the view with the
> input focus must in the mode that needs to be reparsed. ***

> The Obey file that renames the two ModeFiles should end with:

>   Message StrongED_ExecCmds SetTmp() LoadOne("<StrongED$Tmp_ModePath>.ModeFile")
>   Filer_Run <pathname>

> Where <pathname> points to a second Obey file that contains the line

>   Message StrongED_ExecCmds SaveKill()

> What this does is that after renaming the two ModeFiles the one now
> called 'ModeFile' gets loaded. The second Obey file will save it forcing
> a reparse and then kills the text with the ModeFile.

> We can't save it from the first Obey file as that would save the text
> with the input focus not the freshly loaded ModeFile. This because SE
> hasn't yet received the GainCaret event from the Wimp, the Filer_Run
> allows for this to happen.

Finally got around to trying this. It works - once!

It swaps from the version in use to the other version - but not back again.

It does not open the file on the second use - nor on any subsequent use,
so it looks like the message line only works once.

It's not worth spending much time on, but I thought I had best report the
anomaly!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats