[StrongED] Re: Rescan

In article <4535cc3c57.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can force a rescan from an Obey file by using:

>   Message StrongED_ExecCmds RescanModes()

> However this only works if there is a StrongED view that has the input
> focus. The problem here is that recent versions of RISC OS 5 support
> keyboard shortcuts in the Filer.

> Because of this, as soon as you click in a Filer window it will gain the
> input focus and hence StrongED loses it and the command(s) sent to it
> from the Obey file will be ignored.

> If you can find a way to execute the Obey file from the keyboard (eg
> Configure -> Keyboard) or a menu (eg StrongMen) then it will work.

Your last answer provides food for thought - after the brain-ache subsides!

I now have an Obey file which, when run, renames th two modefies
correctly. Running it from Blinds keeps the same StrongED window live, as
expected.

The last line of the ObeyFile is indeed
Message StrongED_ExecCmds RescanModes()

But it does not work! More weirdly, after running it, doing Rescan dir ->
Modefile does nothinbg. To get the new modefile recognised I have to quite
and re-run StrongED!

This with 4.70a12

--
Richard Torrens.