[StrongED] Re: Rescan

In article <4535cc3c57.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can force a rescan from an Obey file by using:

>   Message StrongED_ExecCmds RescanModes()

> However this only works if there is a StrongED view that has the input
> focus. The problem here is that recent versions of RISC OS 5 support
> keyboard shortcuts in the Filer.

> Because of this, as soon as you click in a Filer window it will gain the
> input focus and hence StrongED loses it and the command(s) sent to it
> from the Obey file will be ignored.

> If you can find a way to execute the Obey file from the keyboard (eg
> Configure -> Keyboard) or a semenu (eg StrongMen) then it will work.

As I have found before, a useful answer often raises more questions!

I have an Obey file (made from saving a LoF) which opens all of the
ModeFiles in the Archived 4.69f12. This uses MESSAGE and runs as expected
fron a filer window! It starts
-----------------
IfNTask SparkFiler Filer_Run SCSI::SSD.$.Utilities.!SparkFS
WO_Wait 1

MESSAGE StrongED_OpenDoc
SCSI::SSD.$.Network.Torrens.www.stronged/torrens/org.man.-ToDo. StrongHelpMan.se469f10/zip.!StrongED.Defaults.Modes.Ada.ModeFile 1324 1494 1292 1200
0 0 -autowrap -mode BaseMode
So from your reply I'm curious as to why this works?

But launching from other than a filer window is easy - !Blinds can issue *
commands, as can !Makro

The use of Message is briefly mentioned in StronhgHelp under
Message StrongED_ExecCmds
but I do not yet fully understand it.

--
Richard Torrens.