Re: [StrongED] Re: Manual ID

On 2018-09-07 16:31, Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:
In article <b90c1881b3e1898619fd40d82cbe45b9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - ml sed <jn.ml.sed45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-09-07 14:28, Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:

> So in the case of html, the A-Za-z_0-9 of ID_LastChar is redundant and
> does nothing. Only the > has any effect!

I don't think so... how would you expect a URL that's not enclosed in
< and > to be coloured?  After the first one, all but the last of the
characters is a middle character and then there's the last one.

URL colouring in not controlled by the Identifiers!

Is it not?  What then did Fred's "In some modes, such as HTML, the ID
keywords are 'abused' to colour things..." mean, especially when you
yourself had already pointed out what the range of valid [url-forming]
chars for first, middle and last char might be?

FWIW Fred prefers I ask him questions via the list as the answers may
well help others. I have no objection to other StrongED users helping -
but I understand you do not use StrongED?

But I used to, and when I finally have time to set up VRPC again, I'd
expect to again.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own