[StrongED] Re: Manual - Shortcuts

In article <86169e2357.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think this is the source of confusion -- I for one have only ever
> typed shortcuts at the 'end' of a line, i.e. as I compose the text,
> rather than going back and trying to insert them into the middle of
> words, so I was under the impression that they always expanded
> immediately you typed them and the following character was irrelevant.
> Unlike Impression's shortcuts, which don't expand until you type a space
> or full stop following them (which is a complete pain if actually you
> want to follow the word with a comma!)

It is actually quite difficult explaining when expansion will occur and
when it won't! The order you type in the characters is important.

For example
``ro     expands to   RISC OS
but if you type o and backspace to type in ``r then the resulting ``ro
does not expand!

Could be useful if you actually want the  character string concerned and
not its expansion!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats