[StrongED] News ModeWhen query

On 04 Jul in article <6b7d4f1257.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <5711c67ee9list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Can the News ModWhen be changed to be more explicit, so it only
> > includes messages and not User Dictionary? The User Dictionary
> > contains no identifying features.

> It can but that requires changes in Pluto. At the moment both
> messages and the User Dictionary are offered to StrongED as text
> files. They are also located in the same directory with an 8 digit
> hex number as leafname.

The 8 digit number is a timestamp for uniqueness, and I am
investigating how that could be changed in Pluto to make
identification posible.

> eg <Wimp$ScrapDir>.Pluto.UserDict

I am also wondering what happens (in Zap & SE) if a file with the
*same* name is passed to OLE twice, then changed and saved.

> Embedding something in the text (a marker or 'StrongED$Mode =') are
> also options but that might not be possible/desirable here.

The SE$Mode is being used as a bypass by some users, but is not
really desirable.

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader