Re: [StrongED] Re: Manual - Shortcuts

In message <570fc450ebLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <927fa5a58645c1f072b199aa37d79314@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jeremy Nicoll - ml sed <jn.ml.sed45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > Why, precisely, CR is a trigger but, for example, space is not, is still
> > not clear.

There are no triggers except for Space when that is specified. A
shortcut will be expanded automatically if the character after it is
"different".

[snip]

> Explanations can get too complicated. Only Fred could define what
> "Different" means and I don't think that would be exactly simple...

"Different" seems to be non-AlphaNumeric. If ``f expands to 'foobar'
then it will expand when the character after it is non-AlphaNumeric.

Entering ``f on an empty line works. If the cursor is at, say, start of
line and first character is AlphaNumeric then ``f won't expand. If first
character is punctuation then ``f does expand.