Re: [StrongED] Manual - Tabstops

In message <570e38f9a8Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think I have written things up understandably as they are:
>
> http://stronged.torrens.org/man/tabs.html

The Tab key inserts tabs or spaces depending on the setting in the
'Insert tabs' section of the Mode Choices. It's not related to the
'Menu -> Display -> ShowTab' options, these are related to Shift-Tab.

> and
> http://stronged.torrens.org/man/modes/syntaxmodefile.html#Tabstops

Tabstops is a string that defines positions where the cursor will be
moved to when the Tab key is pressed (assuming that the correct action
for the Tab key is chosen).

When the Tab action is to align with tabstops then pressing Tab will
insert enough spaces to move the cursor to the next tabstop in the
tabstops definition.

Note that embedding a Tabstops definition in a text does not affect the
text in any way, it won't apply the Tabstops. It also doesn't set the
Tab key action, you'll need Infobar, Ctrl-Tab or the Mode Choices for
that.

> However I can see problems with using these tabstops with any font other
> than a fixed width one!

It should work correctly but the different columns may not line up
visually.

StrongED Developer