Re: [StrongED] Manual - Tabstops

On 2018-06-24 13:57, Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:
Being stuck on other things, I'm now trying to understand Tabstops in the
ModeFiles...

I understand how to define them - but how do you engage them?

Complicated Tabs will be most useful on a file-by-file basis. But putting
e.g.
 tabstops [tab]	9,12,33*4
in the first line of head of the PipeDream file...

Surely that's not right?   (Though it's years since I last used SE.)

I would have expected that the file itself would need to be a TSV one.

Then with the tabstops definition in the corresponding modefile SE would
show the data spaced out in columns matching the tabstops-defined widths.

If it really can work with a file-specific embedded directive telling SE
what to use when displaying just that file, why wouldn't the directive
start with "StrongEd$" in the same way as the window width, mode choice
etc directives do (or used to, last time I used this)?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own