Re: [StrongED] Re: Export from StrongED

In article <c5fedc0157.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That tells me that you installed 4.70a12 over the top of an older
> version. DO NOT DO THIS.

Of course, it's the RISC OS way.  ;-)

I'll take that on board and do it your way for her next time there's an
update.

> StrongED has a complicated internal structure with all its modes and
> add-ons. It's very likely that this structure will change over time.

> For example, in 4.70 the support for bitmap fonts was extended to allow
> more font sizes. For this the way fonts are stored had to be changed so
> that each X*Y size could have its won directory.

> To install a new version of StrongED, delete or move the old version
> then put the version from the downloaded archive in its place.

What about any configurations to SE I've done for her, will they not be
lost if the whole thing is dumped and replaced with a new virgin version?

Thanks for the support, appreciated.

Dave

[Snip]

--