Re: [StrongED] Re: Export from StrongED

Fred Graute, on 30 May, wrote:

[snip]

> StrongED_Export$Dir and StrongED_Scrap$Dir are old variables names. In
> 4.69 they have been renamed to StrongED$ExportDir and StrongED$ScrapDir.
> This so that they are of the form AppName$xyz, which is the proper form.
>
> For some reason however the StrED_cfg that ships with 4.70a12 has an
> 'UserPrefs.Init' file which gets renamed to UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit
> (looks like I included an old version of StrED_cfg).
>
> The Init file still has the old forms of the above system variables.

That's interesting, that does it. I had been wondering how the old version
crept in.

> > Reinstate this line from 4.69f9 :- Set StrongED$ExportDir
> > <StrongED$ScrapDir> into SE4.70a12's
> > !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit
>
> Yes, that's how it's supposed to be. :-)

As SE4.70a12's default UserInit at !StrongED.Defaults.StartUp.UserInit is
correct and as no changes are required UserInit does not need to be in
UserPrefs at all, and now isn't. (Only its companion, Unclaim, has been
changed.)

Thanks for the explanation.

--
David Pitt