Re: [StrongED] Re: Export from StrongED

In message <mpro.p9jm6500fgn2h08bx.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Pitt, on 30 May, wrote:
>

> > [snip]
> >
> > A slight divergence here, 4.69f9 does export correctly but 4.70a12 does
> > not, it errors as described above.
> >
> > The relevant 4.70a12 BaseMode lines are correct.
> >
> > I will do some more digging later.
>
> A bit more digging later.
>
> SE4.69f9 sets StrongED$ExportDir correctly and exports.
>

> In SE4.70a12 that variable does not exist.
>
> There is however an unset StrongED_Export$Dir.
>
> (N.B. !ExportSED in SE4.70a12 also contains StrongED$ExportDir.)

Thanks for the detective work David!

> The variable StrongED_Export$Dir is set in :-
> !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit
> from an unset StrongED_Scrap$Dir.
> This should have been set in !StrongED.!Run.

StrongED_Export$Dir and StrongED_Scrap$Dir are old variables names. In
4.69 they have been renamed to StrongED$ExportDir and StrongED$ScrapDir.
This so that they are of the form AppName$xyz, which is the proper form.

For some reason however the StrED_cfg that ships with 4.70a12 has an
'UserPrefs.Init' file which gets renamed to UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit
(looks like I included an old version of StrED_cfg).

The Init file still has the old forms of the above system variables.

> Reinstate this line from 4.69f9 :-
> Set StrongED$ExportDir <StrongED$ScrapDir>
> into SE4.70a12's !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be. :-)