[StrongED] Re: Export from StrongED

In article <0546420057.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <StrongED$ExportDir>.ExportSED points to the 'raw' file exported from
> StrongED, it does not point to ExportSED. <StrongED$ExportDir> is set
> in UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit . By default it points to Scrap but you
> can change it to point somewhere else, eg RamDisc to speed things up.

> ExportSED is called from the BaseMode ModeFile using this line:

> 	c-Select	SetTmp() ExportText() Run("Run <StrongED$Tmp_ToolPath>.!ExportSED")

> The error "File name '.ExportSED' not recognised" suggests that the call
> to SetTmp() is missing. Ctrl-Adjust click on StrongED's iconbar icon to
> load the BaseMode ModeFile and check that the line to call ExportSED is
> exactly the same of the one above.

> I've checked 4.69f9 and 4.70a12, both have ExportSED present and both
> export correctly.

Thanks Fred for the explanation. But all is not well...

I had two BaseMode files - one in !StrongED and one in !StrED_Cfg. The
later was dated 17 Nov 2017 and did not contain the line in question. I
can't recall where this came from so have moved this BaseMode entirely out
of !StrED_Cfg and restarted.

The one in !StrongED contains, on Logical Line 579:
  c-Select	SetTmp() ExportText() Run("Run
<StrongED$Tmp_ToolPath>.!ExportSED")

Yet even after a reset I still get the same error - "File name
'.ExportSED' not recognised"

The only thing that is unusual in my setup is that I installed modes only
in !StrED_Cfg. !StrongED 4.70a12 (23-Apr-2017) is untouched.

So I  am still baffled....

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats