Re: [StrongED] Re: Export from StrongED

In message <57ffe9d7eeLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <56fff0f26echris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <56ffe9b7faLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Richard Torrens (lists) <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I checked 4.68a1 - but no !ExportSED - so it's not been included in the
> > > distribution for a while.
>
> > Strange. In my versions of both 4.69 and 4.70 there is a !ExportSED
> > in !StrongED.Defaults.Tools
>
> You are correct - I simply do did not find it. I had looked in
> !StrongED.Tools but not !StrongED.Defaults.Tools - no doubt I will
> eventually learn why two sets of tools...

!StrongED.Tools contains tools necessary to run StrongED and that should
not be altered by users.

!StrongED.Defaults.Tools is for tools that are called from modes
(BaseMode mostly). They can be altered (most include source) without
affecting StrongED itself.

> However there is a problem. The StrongED.!RunImage calls for
> <StrongED$ExportDir>.ExportSED and within !ExportSED there is no file
> ExportSED - which is why Locate did not find it!

<StrongED$ExportDir>.ExportSED points to the 'raw' file exported from
StrongED, it does not point to ExportSED. <StrongED$ExportDir> is set
in UserPrefs.StartUp.UserInit . By default it points to Scrap but you
can change it to point somewhere else, eg RamDisc to speed things up.

ExportSED is called from the BaseMode ModeFile using this line:

	c-Select	SetTmp() ExportText() Run("Run <StrongED$Tmp_ToolPath>.!ExportSED")

The error "File name '.ExportSED' not recognised" suggests that the call
to SetTmp() is missing. Ctrl-Adjust click on StrongED's iconbar icon to
load the BaseMode ModeFile and check that the line to call ExportSED is
exactly the same of the one above.

I've checked 4.69f9 and 4.70a12, both have ExportSED present and both
export correctly.