Re: [StrongED] background colour for certain parts -- another Modefile Q

In message <6d41a0e256.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fred Graute  wrote on 15 Mar:
>
> > In message <3b8b26d956.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> I'd like to add a way of highlighting bits of PHP within an HTML page
> >> to make them easier to see.  In particular:
> >>
> >> (1) Any section beginning "<?php " and ending " ?>" should have a
> >> light background colour, say RGB #dfdeff.  A light background colour
> >> so that any foreground colour used for other purposes is still clear.
>
> > If that section is a single line then you can use the SyntaxWords
> > groups. For areas of more than one textline you have to use one of the
> > SyntaxComment groups.
>
> At last had a nopportunity to have a play with this.  I soon got a
> background colour to display under the <?php ... ?> sections, by
> adding a  "Syntaxcomment 2" section in the HTML modefile after the
> existing "Syntaxcomment 1" section, which handles <!-- ... --> HTML
> comments (I added the suffix "1").
>
> Disappointingly both display with the same background, grey.  Is there
> any way to specify a different background colour for Syntaxcomment 2?

No, to StrongED they are both comments so are coloured the same. We need
to use SyntaxComment because it's the only construct capable of handling
syntaxcolouring that stretches over multiple lines.

> (I might be misunderstanding Fred's term "SyntaxComment group".  I
> took that to mean the relevant section (consisting of four or five
> lines) within the modefile.)

That's correct.