[StrongED] Colours Element names

Using v4.70a12...

In a given mode (eg BasAsm) if I open Mode Choices for that mode, and go
to Colours, the Element menu has a long list of items with cryptic,
though descriptive, names.

If I copy that mode directory from !StrongEd.Defaults.Modes to
!StrEd.cfg.UserPrefs.Modes with a different name (eg BasAsmPrt) then that
new mode becomes visible in a list of modes.

However, when I open Mode Choices for that new mode, the Elements menu
now consists of some descriptive names, then a long list of Group 1 -
Group 27 which is not very descriptive at all!

How can I get the descriptions back?

The only hint I can find is in the SH manual for SyntaxWords, which says
    Group number relates directly to the colours section in
    the Mode Choices dbox.
which is not particularly useful.

This is all because of the problems I have found with printing from
StrongEd, as I believe the only way to use a sensible colour scheme and
font size is to create another Mode and adjust the colour settings - ie a
smaller font and a white background with the light colours changed to
darker ones. Unless anyone knows an easier way...

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader