Re: [StrongED] Taskwindow alias

In article <3a5610c456.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <56c3e9df2bronanon@xxxxxxxx>
>           Ron <ronanon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I thought I might be able to temporarily bypass the StrongEd  Taskwindow in
> > favour of Edit by using
> > %Taskwindow "..."
> > or
> > unset alias$taskwindow
> > but I still have to quit StrongEd from the the iconbar.

> Communication with Taskwindows is via Wimp messages which means running
> applications will be given first shot. If there's no response from a
> running application then the alias is used.

> > Maybe there is a way to explicitly run Edit's taskwindow?

> Have you tried pointing the alias at Edit and turning Taskwindow support
> in StrongED off (Global choices -> Respond to -> Taskwindow requests) ?

> Cheers,
> Fred.

> --
> StrongED Developer
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

I posted a reply yesterday, but haven't got it back, so maybe it was
trapped somewhere.

The Edit Taskwindow is smaller than my default StrongEd  TW and would be OK
for outputting a few info lines for a running task .
One odd thing I achieved was after unsetting  the Taskwindow alias,
Using
Strongtask %*0
then loads the Edit  taskwindow

Unfortunately. another Edit appears on the icon bar for each use, It is not
ideal to alter StrongEd defaults anyway, it would upset a simultaneous use
by another program.

Ron M.