Re: [StrongED] Re: Updated Swipe anyone?

On 24 Jan 2018  "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <d39f12bf56.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> .loop
>>     ldrb    r2,[r5],#1
>>     strb    r2,[r0],#1
>>     subs    r3,r3,#1
>>     teqne   r2,#0     ; <== insert this instruction
>>     bne     loop

>> This stops Swipe from blindly copying 256 bytes which aborts with the
>> RO 5 Filer because it runs into a memory page that is inaccessible.

> Nothing here. Added that and there is no action at all on holding left +
> Ctr down.

Oddly enough, though I had found that the app with the fixed !RunImage
wouldn't work when I tried yesterday, it's working today!

However, it's not very obvious how it works, until you carefully RTFM.
The Help file says, "Hold down Left-Shift and Left-Ctrl at the same
time. A box will appear under the pointer containing a copy of the
icon's text. Now, drag with Select from the first char you want to the
last. or, double click on the word you want. Drag the text icon from
the left end of the swipe box to any program which can load text
files".

To start with I didn't notice this bit, and wondered how to save the
text; the text icon is a bit small.

Thanks again, Fred.

Best wishes,

Peter.