> In message <56bf580379Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <d39f12bf56.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > .loop
> > >     ldrb    r2,[r5],#1
> > >     strb    r2,[r0],#1
> > >     subs    r3,r3,#1
> > >     teqne   r2,#0     ; <== insert this instruction
> > >     bne     loop
> >
> > > This stops Swipe from blindly copying 256 bytes which aborts with
> > > the RO 5 Filer because it runs into a memory page that is
> > > inaccessible.
> >
> > Nothing here. Added that and there is no action at all on holding
> > left + Ctr down.

> It seems there is a slight discrepancy in the Help file. The default
> keys are left Shift + left Alt. Just to be sure I've downloaded a fresh
> copy, applied the fix and it's working here.

I should have checked the code not the help!
I agree that left Shift + left Alt opens the little window on 5.23 (14
Nov 2017), and dragging the text icon works.
So far I have not noticed any nasty side effects...

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader